• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to find court disposition from 37 years ago

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

walt6

What is the name of your state? I'm now living in Pa. In 1968 I was arrested for receiving stolen goods in Canoga Park, CA. Fast forward to 2006 when I'm trying to renew my green card which expired a very long time ago. I had done everything and was waiting to get the card in the mail and instead got a letter telling me I have to submit certified court dispositions for this 1968 arrest. I also have to send some other documents. I have no idea where to get this stuff.

I have 2 questions:
1. How do I go about getting these documents on my own?
2. Do I need a lawyer?

seniorjudge

walt6 said:
What is the name of your state? I'm now living in Pa. In 1968 I was arrested for receiving stolen goods in Canoga Park, CA. Fast forward to 2006 when I'm trying to renew my green card which expired a very long time ago. I had done everything and was waiting to get the card in the mail and instead got a letter telling me I have to submit certified court dispositions for this 1968 arrest. I also have to send some other documents. I have no idea where to get this stuff.

I have 2 questions:
2. Do I need a lawyer?

A: Go to the court and ask them.

2. Do I need a lawyer?

A: No.

walt6

What court?

How do I ask the court in CA when I don't know what court it was from 1968? and I'm living in PA? I can't even find the lawyer I had back then.

Can someone tell me where I would write to find court dispositons in CA in 1968?

seniorjudge

walt6 said:
How do I ask the court in CA when I don't know what court it was from 1968? and I'm living in PA? I can't even find the lawyer I had back then.

Can someone tell me where I would write to find court dispositons in CA in 1968?
You don't even remember what COUNTY it was in?

Litigation!

seniorjudge said:
You don't even remember what COUNTY it was in?

My response:

SJ, you didn't know this, but when he said "Canoga Park" (which is now "West Hills," California) he was referring to a suburb of the City of Los Angeles. Our writer will find his old records in the Archives in downtown Los Angeles, which is across the street from the Superior Court of Los Angeles at 111 No. Hill Street, Los Angeles, California 90012.

Unfortunately, and because our writer doesn't have his Green Card, he's an Illegal Alien, subject to personal seizure at any moment, and will be incarcerated at the Federal holding jail of the INS, until such time as a Deportation hearing can be held, after which he will most likely be Deported to his country of origin - - despite the fact he's been here for so many years.

IAAL

seniorjudge

Litigation! said:
My response:

SJ, you didn't know this, but when he said "Canoga Park" (which is now "West Hills," California) he was referring to a suburb of the City of Los Angeles. Our writer will find his old records in the Archives in downtown Los Angeles, which is across the street from the Superior Court of Los Angeles at 111 No. Hill Street, Los Angeles, California 90012.

Unfortunately, and because our writer doesn't have his Green Card, he's an Illegal Alien, subject to personal seizure at any moment, and will be incarcerated at the Federal holding jail of the INS, until such time as a Deportation hearing can be held, after which he will most likely be Deported to his country of origin - - despite the fact he's been here for so many years.

IAAL
Thanks for the info.

seniorjudge

Litigation! said:
...Unfortunately, and because our writer doesn't have his Green Card, he's an Illegal Alien, subject to personal seizure at any moment, and will be incarcerated at the Federal holding jail of the INS, until such time as a Deportation hearing can be held, after which he will most likely be Deported to his country of origin - - despite the fact he's been here for so many years....

IAAL, you really shouldn't be so negative about this.

Look on the bright side.

Maybe the guy is an Arab and President Bush will hire him on as a security guard at the Port of New York!

Litigation!

seniorjudge said:
IAAL, you really shouldn't be so negative about this.

Look on the bright side.

Maybe the guy is an Arab and President Bush will hire him on as a security guard at the Port of New York!

My response:

I can't WAIT for that ass-hole to get out of office! It's a new lie, or debacle of some sort, each and every god damned day!

This is what the country voted into office - - or rather, what the Supreme Court "installed" into office. This country deserves what it got.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">