• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how long until i receive green card?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

babytigress

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?TX
I married US citien in march 2003. We filled our paperwork in april 2004 and I received my work permit in aug. How long will it be before I receive the green card? And how long will I have to wait until I become a US citizen? I have heard there is a way you can speed up the process, or are we too late as we have already filled the paperwork?

Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Thank You.

baby.

ImmigAttyLana

The timeline for getting the interview for the green card scheduled is dependent on the local office where you had filed your application because the processing times vary from one office to another. You need to check the USCIS website for your local USCIS office to find out their approximate processing times. As for the timeline for citizenship, you are eligible to apply for citizenship if your green card is based on marriage to a US citizen, after you have been a permanent resident for a period of 3 years. There is NO way to expedite this or the permanent resident process in any way so whatever information you have heard on this point is incorrect.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or need further assistance with this matter.

B

babytigress

Thank you very much for your information. Will look up the timeline on the office's website.

baby.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">