• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

HYPOTHETICALLY speaking - Working "illegally"

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

broguearcher

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

If a person originally here Legally in the U.S. on an expired tourist visa (only expired by one month) were to accept a job on an "under the table" basis what sort of legal ramifications might occur should they be discovered by government officials???? Is being deported truly a legitimate concern??!!!!

thanks in advance

ImmigAttyLana

Once married to a US citizen, the person could get valid work authorization so there would be no reason to work and get paid "under the table."

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or how I can be of further assistance to you in this matter.

broguearcher

working

Once married to a US citizen, the person could get valid work authorization so there would be no reason to work and get paid "under the table."

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or how I can be of further assistance to you in this matter.

yes.... I know that .... but what about PRIOR to marriage?? that is the situation my fiance is in now... she has done some work but is afraid to take certain jobs for fear of being discovered or perhaps "ratted" out....

ImmigAttyLana

Those will be "forgiven" once she is legally married and files for adjustment of status on the basis of marriage and, of course, she would be highly advised to apply for the employment authorization document when she files for adjustment of status.

broguearcher

thanks again

Those will be "forgiven" once she is legally married and files for adjustment of status on the basis of marriage and, of course, she would be highly advised to apply for the employment authorization document when she files for adjustment of status.

agreed. as before I thank you kindly for your assistance! :)

Sam

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">