• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I-129F - current registered address vs. real address

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tc12345

What is the name of your state? FL

I am in the process of filing an I-129F on behalf of my Russian fiancee:

She was living with her parents until about 1 1/2 years ago. Her parents address (which still remains current for her parents) is where she is registered on her Russian passport.

The apartment that she lives in now is owned by her father and located within the same city as where her parents live (and she formerly lived). All of the bills coming in for this apartment are in her father's name, with the exception of her Internet bill, which comes in her own name.

We've already met in person and have that much documented. Our ongoing relationship can be proven in part from my phone records that show daily numerous lengthy calls to her phone number at the apartment that she is living.

What are the potential complications, if any, for her to present her current address as it actually is, despite her not having registered her residency there with the Russian authorities, keeping in mind also that the bio form specifically asks for the month/year that she moved into that address?

Last edited:

tc12345

Sorry for my 'newness' (is that even a word?) on this forum. I've edited my post to include my state. Thanks in advance for any advice.

HappyHusband

tc12345 said:
What is the name of your state? FL

I am in the process of filing an I-129F on behalf of my Russian fiancee:

She was living with her parents until about 1 1/2 years ago. Her parents address (which still remains current for her parents) is where she is registered on her Russian passport.

The apartment that she lives in now is owned by her father and located within the same city as where her parents live (and she formerly lived). All of the bills coming in for this apartment are in her father's name, with the exception of her Internet bill, which comes in her own name.

We've already met in person and have that much documented. Our ongoing relationship can be proven in part from my phone records that show daily numerous lengthy calls to her phone number at the apartment that she is living.

What are the potential complications, if any, for her to present her current address as it actually is, despite her not having registered her residency there with the Russian authorities, keeping in mind also that the bio form specifically asks for the month/year that she moved into that address?
Just use the address that appears on her passport.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">