• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I-129F and I-130

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

homealone2

What is the name of your state? New York

I applied for a I- 130 for my spouse who currently lives outside of the US and I also applied a I-129F in persuant to the LIFE act. I got a response from the USCIS requesting more proof of marriage and a request for a waiver since my spouse was in a immigration procedings when we got married. I have sent what they have requested. meanwhile, the I-129F was approved just recently. what would be the best step to ensure that I would be get my spouse to the US using the approved K-3 visa.:confused:

P

phwl

If you have a valid K-3 visa, there should be no problem entering the US. Look at the following and webpage.

Admission

Aliens appearing at U.S. Ports-of-Entry (POE) with a valid
nonimmigrant K-3 visa will be inspected, and, if admissible, will be
admitted into the United States for a period of 2 years. Similarly, an
alien appearing at a POE with a valid nonimmigrant K-4 visa will be
admitted for a period of 2 years or until the day before the alien's
21st birthday, whichever is shorter. 8 CFR 212.1(h) will be amended to
include spouses of U.S. citizens under the K provision requiring visa
documentation as a condition of admission. Also, 8 CFR 214.2(k)(8) is
added, which includes the admission periods.

Go to the webpage and you can read all of the details pertaining to this:
http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin/getdoc.cgi?dbname=2001_register&docid=fr14au01-1

H

homealone2

Thanks for the reply. but my only question is, would the removal procedings which forced my spouse to leave the US have any bearing on re entry to the US with the K-3 visa?

P

phwl

Ordinarily, a person who has been "removed" from the US is not eligible to re-apply for entry for 10 years without special BCIS permission.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">