• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I-129F or I-130 ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jordan23

i live in florida. i'm engaged to an alien with an illegal status. can i file an I-129F (fiance visa) on his behalf although he is in the united states or would it be best for us to get married and and file I-130 and I-485. he doesn't want to have to return to his country right now due to the risk of being barred from re-entry. i'm quite sure that we'll meet the bona fide marriage part, as we've been engaged for over six years and we really love each other. someone please help.

LegalBeagle

jordan23 said:
i live in florida. i'm engaged to an alien with an illegal status. can i file an I-129F (fiance visa) on his behalf although he is in the united states or would it be best for us to get married and and file I-130 and I-485. he doesn't want to have to return to his country right now due to the risk of being barred from re-entry. i'm quite sure that we'll meet the bona fide marriage part, as we've been engaged for over six years and we really love each other. someone please help.
The big question.. did he enter the US legally or illegally? If legally, then you marry and file I-130. If illegally, then there is nothing you can do for him to make him legal.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">