• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I-130 Children from previous marriage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

oZ_Jasper

What is the name of your state? CA

We have had our I-130 approved and now have moved on to the next stage. In the I-130 form they asked about the alien relative's children. Are these children included in the petition or do you need to file for each? The children are all under 16 and unmarried.

Do these children need to travel within 6 months of the sponsed relative? How does this go with stepchildren do we need permission from the ex partner continue down this path or can we say they are not moving to the US.

Do we need to include these children within the I-864 Part-3?

Do we fill a DS-320 out for each child? Even if they may not enter the US within 6 months?

ImmigAttyLana

For the children to be eligible for an immigrant visa on the basis of an approved I-130 petition, a SEPARATE I-130 needed to have been filed on behalf of each child of the spouse.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or how I can be of further assistance to you in this matter.

evcalyptos

What is the name of your state? CA

We have had our I-130 approved and now have moved on to the next stage. In the I-130 form they asked about the alien relative's children. Are these children included in the petition or do you need to file for each? The children are all under 16 and unmarried.

Do these children need to travel within 6 months of the sponsed relative? How does this go with stepchildren do we need permission from the ex partner continue down this path or can we say they are not moving to the US.

Do we need to include these children within the I-864 Part-3?

Do we fill a DS-320 out for each child? Even if they may not enter the US within 6 months?

What is it you are trying to do?
Each qualifying step child will need their own I-130, and if they are minors, will need permission from the non-custodial parent to immigrate.
After approved I-130, each kid also needs their own visa application (DS-230).

Naming them on the I-130 is separate from immigrating them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">