• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I-130 issue

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

aniakula

What is the name of your state? CA

Hello.
My question is this? I just had my Citizenship interview, July 25, 2007 and I am waiting for my swearing in ceremony. I would like to file the I-130 form to bring my mother over ASAP since she is ill, on the form it asks to include the Certificate Number which I do not yet have. None the less, can I send the I-130 form in and then provide the Certification Number at a later time?

Thanks in advance for your time and advice.
Sincerely,
AnnaWhat is the name of your state?

ImmigAttyLana

No, you are not eligible to file the I-130 because you are not a US citizen yet. You will only become a US citizen when you are actually sworn in. Until that time, you are still a permanent resident and, as such, not eligible to petition for your mother. Nor, can you claim to be a US citizen just because you had your citizenship interview.
Please let me know if you have any additional questions or how I can be of further assistance to you in this matter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">