• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I-130 and K issue

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

scorpio2007

What is the name of your state? NY
[B]Hello there,
I have filed I-129F (K3) petition for my wife abroad. To be able file the I-129F I neded to file I-130 (petiton for allien relative) as you know. Both petitions are approved and they are at NVC right now. K3 file is waiting to be sent to the consular upon ending the process.
My question is this: When I filled out the I-130 form I made a minor mistake. The question 22 asks me to fill out the info If the relative is in US. I was suppoesed to indicate the USCIS office in US or the consulate abroad If my wife was in US. But, she is not here yet. I filled it out and I put down the American Consular where she lives. Would this matter in anyway since both I-130 and K3 is approved and they are at NVC. Should I try to correct it and how?
Thanks in advance for your anticipated help.[/B]

ImmigAttyLana

If both petitions are approved, you are really better off going for the I-130 processing than the K-3 since that will give your wife an immigrant visa with which she can enter the US and ALREADY be a US permanent resident without doing anything further.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or how I can be of further assistance to you in this matter.

evcalyptos

What is the name of your state? NY
[B]Hello there,
I have filed I-129F (K3) petition for my wife abroad. To be able file the I-129F I neded to file I-130 (petiton for allien relative) as you know. Both petitions are approved and they are at NVC right now. K3 file is waiting to be sent to the consular upon ending the process.
My question is this: When I filled out the I-130 form I made a minor mistake. The question 22 asks me to fill out the info If the relative is in US. I was suppoesed to indicate the USCIS office in US or the consulate abroad If my wife was in US. But, she is not here yet. I filled it out and I put down the American Consular where she lives. Would this matter in anyway since both I-130 and K3 is approved and they are at NVC. Should I try to correct it and how?
Thanks in advance for your anticipated help.[/B]
The way I read it, you answered the question correctly the first time.

If you decide or are forced to follow the I-129f to a K-3 visa, the NVC will retain your I-130 for her eventual AOS application. They 'change' where she'll file--you do not have to make that correction on the I-130.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">