• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I-130 Processing Time For Parents ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

pat76

What is the name of your state? California.

I am US Citizen and filed for my parent in Aug 2004. I just got approval letter for my parents saying that " You petition has been approved. We have sent original visa petition to the NVC in NewHampshire."

Can anyone now suggest that how long it will take for my parents to come in USA ?

When will i get choice of agent letter?

Thanks in advance,
Sandip Patel ( California )

ImmigAttyLana

Where are your parents located? IT all depends on how quickly the US COnsulate in their home country will receive the approval notice from the NVC and will schedule their interview. In some places it is fairly quick and in other places you have to wait for a few months. It is best to check the current processing times at the appropriate Consulate.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or need further assistance with this matter.

P

pat76

Hi Lana-
Thanks for the reply. My parents are in INDIA(Bombay Consulate).
I already got approval letter for their application. But not sure how long it will take to come.
Thanks,
Sandip Patel

ImmigAttyLana

Well, again, the approval for the I-130 is just the first step. That approval needs to be forwarded to the US COnsulate in Bombay by the National Visa Center and then they will be contacted by the Consulate with instructions on what to do in preparation for the interview. This can take an additional several months.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or need further assistance with this matter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">