• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I 130 where is ti processed?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

olgasosa

What is the name of your state? Florida
Eucalyptus commented that a petition I 130 that could my USC spouse submit in Barbados will not take too long. Is it that those process take place in the Embassy that is accepting theform or is it sending by them to America to be processed?
I would like to know that answer. It sounds to me that it is decided in the EMBASSy otherwise Eucalyptus would not have said that it is not too long in Barbados. Does anyone know?
My apologies for my incorrect English, it is still in process of development.
Olga:confused:

evcalyptos

What is the name of your state? Florida
Eucalyptus commented that a petition I 130 that could my USC spouse submit in Barbados will not take too long. Is it that those process take place in the Embassy that is accepting theform or is it sending by them to America to be processed?
I would like to know that answer. It sounds to me that it is decided in the EMBASSy otherwise Eucalyptus would not have said that it is not too long in Barbados. Does anyone know?
My apologies for my incorrect English, it is still in process of development.
Olga:confused:
If you submit the I-130 to the Embassy in Barbados, it will be approved there.

They will send the US citizen's information electronically to the US for a namecheck, but this only takes about a week.

If you file the I-130 to a US Service Center, it will take several months to process.

The US citizen must be a resident in Barbados (or the other islands they service) to file with them locally.

Your English is great. :)

olgasosa

I appreciate your answer

Thanks so much for the information about the location where the case is processed. it might be easier to communicate with them regarding the matter about the Naturalization Certificate Number my USC is lacking to fill out in the I 130 form requiring.

Yes my husband is a Barbados resident, actually he is Barbadian by birth and resides here 10 years ago.
Thanks again for your time and prompt answers.

Have a great day

Olga

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">