• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I-140 Application Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

aroranuj

What is the name of your state? RI

I have my company lawyer filing my I-140 & I-485. I had some questions that she needed answers for I was hoping someone could help me answer

Situation 1:
Fathers Name (if deceased, etc) My situation is not a simple one. My biological father passed away when I was 6 years old in India. My mother married my step father and we had a legal name change to my step dad's name. Since then I have been using his name everywhere. My passport also lists him as my father. Why this gets complicated is beacuse the form asks if I have ever used a different name, which I did till I was 6 years old. My birth certificate has my last name as my biological fathers last name & so does my moms name on my birth certificate. For this reason I have to mention my previous fathers information. My question is where it asks for fathers information, should I now suddenly change what I have been putting on US forms (H1, F1) from my step dad to my biological dad? The form also asks if my father is deceased. Please help me.

Also the Birth Certificate for myself & my wife is in an Indian language. who can translate it. since we can ready & are proficient in the languge, can we translate it ourselves or do I need to find a 3rd person to translate it. If I need a 3rd person, can it be a family member or an outsider?.

Thanks for your help!

aroranuj

I know...she is not very friendly, but I am stuck with her due to my employer....she has not responded to my emails thats why I have turned to you.

Can you please help!!!!!:eek:

ImmigAttyLana

This requires case specific consultation, which I am not able to provide on a forum. If you want me to advise you on your case, you can contact me directly via email at toblerone109[@]gmail.com. However, please note that since I am an immigration attorney and do this type of work for a living, individual consultations are not free of charge.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">