• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I-485 arrived & Security Clearance still pending!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

andresrrcf

:confused::(:eek:Florida
On June 8, 2006, USCIS received my employment-based I-485. Unfortunately, it seems like the FBI has placed my security clearance process in the back-drawer. Everytime I contact USCIS, they told me that my process has been delayed due to a routinary security clearance process performed by FBI, where they have no control over; which leads me to believe that I have reached a dead-end. Is there any way I can inquiry on my status with the FBI directly??? Most of the people that I know of, and who started the process with me, have already obtained their GC. I am stuck in nobody's land. Could anybody tell/advice me where I can go from here. I sincerely do not want this to be a 4-year waiting period. Has anybody found a viable solution to this frustrating experience? Thank you so much for your help!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">