• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I-485 Fingerprints

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

vc1221

What is the name of your state?Hi,

I just received a notice from INS to have my photo, signature and fingerprints taken at a local office. As a matter of fact, I had my fingerprints and biometrics done about 1 1/2 years ago. Both regard to my I-485 application.

What does that mean? Why am I asked having my fingerprints taken twice? Thanks.

Vc1221

lestmary

Every time my husband applied for his I-765 (work permit) during the pending I-485 process- we had to go to our local office to get his photo, signature, and fingerprint for the new card.

Have you had your green card interview yet? Has your green card been approved? Once your green card is approved- they take your photo, signature, and fingerprint to make the permanent resident card.

vc1221

hi lestmary,

thank you for sharing your experience. i've done several fingerprints/biometrics/photos so far (2 for I-765 and 1 for I-485) but just received a 2nd request for I-485.

i live in New York City and the wait here is longer than 2 years. my application is in for only 1 1/2 yrs so far. not sure why they ask me to do a 2nd fingerprints for my I-485...

v

ImmigAttyLana

Although the fingerprints do not change, they are only valid for 15 months with the USCIS so if you had yours taken more than 15 months ago, this is why you are being asked to submit new fingerprints.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if I may be of further assistance to you in this matter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">