• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I-765 post-completion OPT denied

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

praneelsb

I filed for post-completion OPT on Feb 10 which was 95 days prior to my program end date. I got a denial letter on March 26 stating the reason as "because your application was received more than 90 days prior to the completion of your course of study you are ineligible for employment authorization under (c)(3)(B)".....I can file the I-290B motion to reopen the application but don't know what to write in the "Basis for the Appeal or Motion" section of the I-290B form...can someone please help me with this ???What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

rsk1234

Hi

Were you able to file a new I-20? could you let us know if you received your EAD?

I ma in a similar situation, and wanted your help with some information.

When you sent in a new updated I-20 with new issue date, was the :
1) Issue date on page 1 was current date?
2) issue date on page 3 - OPT recommendation page was current date?
3) Was the OPT start and end date updated or it was same as old date?

thanks in advance

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">