• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

i had asylum interview and got recommended approval what is that, any answer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bil5819

:confused: What is the name of your state?Washington
:confused: i had asylum interview and after 4 weeks I got letter which is
recommended approval, the letter says we checking your identity.
how long will take checking my identity.
thank you.

ImmigAttyLana

The background clearance checks vary and can be a few weeks to a few months. Keep following up with the asylum office to see what the status is every month or so until you get an answer and keep track of all your inquiries.

I

Italiano2004

The same case with me I got recomended approval, and its been one month my asylum has not been granted yet.
How long does it maximum takes? and after how long I can obtain my EOD, and can i get SSN, before getting EOD, only with recomended approval?

Thanks.

ImmigAttyLana

There is no such thing as an absolute time frame and it takes a different length of time for everyone. But a recommended approval is a good sign (congratulations). Once you get the actual i-94 card with the stamp "asylum granted" you will be able to apply for the EAD and the SSN. One year after the grant of asylum, you will be eligible to apply for your permanent residence.

I

Italiano2004

ImmigAttyLana said:
There is no such thing as an absolute time frame and it takes a different length of time for everyone. But a recommended approval is a good sign (congratulations). Once you get the actual i-94 card with the stamp "asylum granted" you will be able to apply for the EAD and the SSN. One year after the grant of asylum, you will be eligible to apply for your permanent residence.
Ms. Lana,

Thank you very much for you immediate response, I appreciate that alot, and I would like to make you some more questions if you dont mind?!!

1, What is a background check, and how does this procedure goes?
2. If I can find a job, can I start working than produce a EOD, and SSN, after obtaining it?

3. DO you think that it will take more than 6 months to get I-94 and sylum granted?

Thnx in advance..

I

Italiano2004

My asylum approval was sent in a wrong address, and I think that address does not exist!!
I would like to know what will happen to my origiginal asylum approval, and I94, will I be able to het it in asylum office, and will I have any troubles to obtain it.

Thanks.

ImmigAttyLana

What makes you think it was sent to the wrong address? How would they have this address unless you had provided it on your application? If you have since moved, it was your responsibility to notify them of your new and correct address. You may have to inquire with the Asylum Office and to see whether the asylum approval was returned to them as undeliverable, in which case, they will be able to resend it to you at the correct address once you provide it.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or need further assistance with this matter.

I

Italiano2004

Ok I was lucky and came to get an original notice and I-94, even though i made mistake in the mail number.
But I still have to correct that mistake in asylum office, the change of the address numbers, and I am thinking to do that next Monday, since I have appointment to obtain my EOD.
SO will INS make any problem if I do that change of address the same day I go to collect EOD?
And can I go and apply for SSN, before obtaining the EOD, and what documents I need to take with me, for SSN?

Thanks alot you have been very helpfull.

ImmigAttyLana

No, you should not have any issues, just explain the error and make sure that their records are corrected for purposes of receiving any future correspondence to the correct address.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or need further assistance with this matter.

I

Italiano2004

Everything is OK now, I have solved all the problems.

You have been very helpful, and I appreciate that alot.

Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">