• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I have made a Change of address 2 times after my divorce, do I get in trouble?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ruediger

I got married in may 2009 and got my 2 year green card. I got my PR Card in 2012 w/o any restrictions. I had to leave the US in Sep.11th 2015 because of health issues with my mom in germany. My wife filed for divorce on Sep. 23rd. 2015 and the divorce was final Jan 25.2016. I m still in germany but I am planing an coming back by march 2016. I have changed my address 10 day after the divorce was final to my aunt in richmond VA. I was planing to live with her. But it did not work out, so that I have changed my address to my step son in Texas on the 16th of Feb. there is where I am going to live! Do I get in trouble on the port of entry because of changing my address twice ? and do I get problems because it is almost 6 month before I am returning ? I plan to return the first week of March. Thank you so much for you fast answer

Mass_Shyster

Your changes of address were proper. If asked, explain why you did so.

Leaving for less than 6 months should not cause a problem.

You can look into naturalization, which would eliminate any future problems, but I believe Germany will strip you of German citizenship if you become a US Citizen under most circumstances.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">