• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

i married in another country

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

natal67

in a legal maze and i need help

i asked in my last question what am i to do the thing is i have filed the i-130 and got a letter back today telling me that it will take 175 to 225 days to be reveiwed what is it that they have to reveiw and why should it take that long? and just exactly when will i get to have my family life started ?

[Edited by natal67 on 02-02-2001 at 12:23 AM]

LegalBeagle

natal67 said:
why could i not bring my husband home to my country with me?they told me that i had to come back and file paper's for him here when they could have been filled in his home country (guyana) why is that i have to be punished for being married and leavineg him behind?
Your not being punished, you are being asked to follow a procedure. Otherwise any tom dick or harry could just walk into the country.. and then everyone would be complaining about the immigration problems. Only certain countries allow direct embassy filings to bring a spouse to the US. The quickest way is via the K1 fiance via which can be done in 3 months.. but since you are married, you need to petition via I130 to bring him to the US.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">