• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I used I-130 visa

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Myrna F.

What is the name of your state? about 12 years ago i was living with my parent in United state under I-130 visa;but i had turned 21 before obtaining the Green Card. as far as i know i had to reprocess my application again as a New one; but i did not for family matters.

now i woud like to do so, there is any new rules and regulation, will my application will be rejected or will processed, if it is will take longer time. and what is the procedures to do so!

looking forward to obtain a reply A.S.A.P.

Myrna F.:)

SHORTY LONG

What is the name of your state? about 12 years ago i was living with my parent in United state under I-130 visa;but i had turned 21 before obtaining the Green Card. as far as i know i had to reprocess my application again as a New one; but i did not for family matters.

now i woud like to do so, there is any new rules and regulation, will my application will be rejected or will processed, if it is will take longer time. and what is the procedures to do so!

looking forward to obtain a reply A.S.A.P.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis

ImmigAttyLana

Who would be filing the I-130 petition on your behalf? What relative? How old are you now? What is your country of birth?

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or how I can be of further assistance to you in this matter.

Myrna F.

Reply for I-130

Ms. Lana,

Thx, for your reply .

Well i was not clear at all; My Late father filled for me the petition (I-130) when i was 15 yrs old; have been approved and lived in US under my parents (both of them had Green Cards) In Arizona from May 95' till May 98, and both of my Parents passed away (my father buried in Arizona), by that time i have turned 21.

Right know i am 30 yrs old living in the State of Qatar at Aribian Gulf where i have been borned and holding a Jordanian Passport.

There is something else, I do have brother holding an American Passport living in US; but i really do not know where he is!!.. i did not hear from him scince we travled back from US in May 98'.

Awaiting for your earliest reply.

Regards,

ImmigAttyLana

But what happened after the I-130 petition that was filed on your behalf was approved? Did you do anything about that? If not, it's now too late, as it's been more than 15 years and both of your parents are no longer alive. Your brother can petition for you but that process will take about 12 years.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or how I can be of further assistance to you in this matter.

SHORTY LONG

Also, though not exactly relevant, but when did your Mother pass away, and where?
And how did you end up where you presently are, since you were living in Arizona?

Myrna F.

Mr. Long,

To answer your questions; When i traveled back from US to Qatar in May 98' with Mother was very ill by then and My father had been dead for a year (1997) as soon as we arrived within one month the doctors had diagnosed her with last stage of terminal cancer, and she have only 6 months to live. By December 98' my mother passed away. So, i did not have the time or think logically by then.

You see we always have this phrase to say {What you ever wish for, it comes true}, well my father always wished to live, die & buried in Us and my mother did so; but she wished to be buried near her family & friends back in Qatar.

That why i have end up far away from Arizona - US.

Regards,

SHORTY LONG

Thank you for your kind reply to my questions Ms. Myrna F. I am very sorry that
your parents have passed. I know all to well about this, for mine also are gone!

You are to be commended in honoring your parents wishes. In the USA, a saying
is said similar to yours: Be careful what you wish for because it just may come true!

Personally, I do not believe in wishes; only God Almighty, faith, and hope!

I hope you the best, and that there may be some other way for you to reach
your goal in Immigrating to the United States.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">