• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I130 approved need to know wats the next setp

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

voyweiser

What is the name of your state?texas

Last year i married a peruvian woman and i did both I130 and I129F and whats funny is the I130 got approved first in that case I want to know whats the next step on bringing my wife to the states, should i wait for a letter or will a letter reach her or what not, thanks :)

ImmigAttyLana

If the I-130 has been approved, then she will not be issued the K-3 visa but will have to apply for the immigrant visa on the basis of the approved I-130 at the US Consulate in Lima (if that's where she still is) and once that is approved, she will enter the US as a permanent resident.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if I may be of further assistance to you in this matter.

Lana
Immigration Attorney

voyweiser

I just go the approval notice from the department of homeland security, it says since she is still in Peru that she has to file a form called the I-824 and mail it, so I informed her to go to the peruvian consolate and i sent her a printed copy of the approval notice and told her to show that to the consulate and ask them for information and i also sent her 200 dollars for the processign fee of that I-824 form was that the correct procedure? thanks

voyweiser

:)

texas

My wife went to the U.S embassy and they told her to wait two months for the u.s immigration to send a confirmation letter to the consulate in peru stating that my wifes I130 has been passed and that they will contact her after, I was wondering if that is the right advice...

evcalyptos

voyweiser said:
texas

My wife went to the U.S embassy and they told her to wait two months for the u.s immigration to send a confirmation letter to the consulate in peru stating that my wifes I130 has been passed and that they will contact her after, I was wondering if that is the right advice...

I just read two different posts this week from Peru: both were 'not approved' until the USC petitioner appeared at the Consulate. something to think about for your wife's future interview.

voyweiser

texas

I read somwhere that i have to have good credit in order for my wife to be able to come to the u.s and it's up to the consular if i can suport her, i get paid cash and have to report how much i get per week to the irs once a year and i have bad credit due to my youth choices i was wondering if thats true or any other advice i can have thanks

ImmigAttyLana

The credit is not the issue; it's y our ability to show that you earn a sufficient income to be able to support her. For this you will need to submit an affidavit of support and the last three years of your tax returns.

LeGo

I just found this thread on Google. I am in a similiar situation. My wife is Ecuadoriana. We were married in February and had been waiting a while. I finally had my I-130 approved as well. I do not have the print copy yet.

I am following some of the other threads and it appears that this will take atleast another 2 months? Is that accurate?

evcalyptos

LeGo said:
I just found this thread on Google. I am in a similiar situation. My wife is Ecuadoriana. We were married in February and had been waiting a while. I finally had my I-130 approved as well. I do not have the print copy yet.

I am following some of the other threads and it appears that this will take atleast another 2 months? Is that accurate?
The reports I read are that approved I-130s spend closer to 4-5 months at the NVC.
Posters at visajourney.com are following timelines in the NVC very closely.

LeGo

Just noted that thanks. I am getting through the site and others situations. I have a ways to go I guess. My AA miles are going up but my bank account is going down. 4-5 more months is not good, but gives me time to take care of a few more things, i guess...

voyweiser

whre can i get a copy of the tax returns from the last 3 years? Also, i am wondering if i cant do anything about anything now i mean for example i am still waiting on my I-129 F to be approved, it said it would take 60 to 90 days and it's been longer and i dont know wat to do to speed up the process thanks :d p.s my wife got a job up in peru now, she is having a hard time just me sending her money, she likes to make her own :p

evcalyptos

voyweiser said:
whre can i get a copy of the tax returns from the last 3 years? Also, i am wondering if i cant do anything about anything now i mean for example i am still waiting on my I-129 F to be approved, it said it would take 60 to 90 days and it's been longer and i dont know wat to do to speed up the process thanks :d p.s my wife got a job up in peru now, she is having a hard time just me sending her money, she likes to make her own :p
I really think that the forums at visajourney will be a big help to you. All of your questions are covered there in depth in the FAQ and Guides. Read up some and then ask any questions in the discussion.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">