• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Illegal imigrant marrying south african citizen inside U.S.?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jblaster

What is the name of your state? FLORIDA / OREGON

I have a question. First a little background, warning, this is a real mess. :eek:

HE is Russian been here 10 years, finished high school, college, worked. Driver license and employement authorization expired. Currently has labor cert pending with DOL, and looking for new job because he was fired.

SHE is South African, married american citizen, Oregon, 2 years, only driver license with K13 stamp nothing else. In process of getting a divorse.

Question is, if they get together, fall in love and decide to get married and find happiness in South Africa. Can they get married in the U.S.? Then of course leave for South Africa..

Another question, how can he travel to South Africa?

~JBLASTA

ImmigAttyLana

They can get married in the US if they satisfy the residency requirements for the particular state in which they get married. Las Vegas, NV is also an option if they cannot meet their state's requirement for marriage. Then they can go to South Africa if he can get the appropriate visa to do so. They would need to inquire with the South African Embassy what the requirements for a spouse of a South African citizen are for entry to the country.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or how I can be of further assistance to you in this matter.

Lana
Immigration Attorney

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">