• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Jurisdiction question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ejswifty

I've recently filed for a K-1 for my fiancee who works as a caregiver in Canada. She's a Philippine citizen who works in the canadien caregiver program and is in the process of applying for "landed status" there.
My question is...when it comes time for her to be interviewed for her visa (assuming it's approved), will she be able to have the interview done in Canada, or will she have to fly back to the Philippines to Manila to be processed?
Thanks

Indiana Filer

I've recently filed for a K-1 for my fiancee who works as a caregiver in Canada. She's a Philippine citizen who works in the canadien caregiver program and is in the process of applying for "landed status" there.
My question is...when it comes time for her to be interviewed for her visa (assuming it's approved), will she be able to have the interview done in Canada, or will she have to fly back to the Philippines to Manila to be processed?
Thanks
Canada is not part of the US, so no one here can give you advice on immigration to that country.

ImmigAttyLana

You would need to contact the US Consulate there and find out whether or not they would allow her to go through the interview there or not.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">