• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

K1 Visa, Really Need Helps, Please :(

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bigfavor

What is the name of your state? LA

I'm from Vietnam and has gotten married to a USC recently
he has applied for me and my son to come to US, LA
It's only when i came over that I realise he has not apply for the green card
I have since provided him with the money but he is still delaying it
Can I know where can I seek help on the green card processing.
On top of that, he is not providing enough for the daily necessity, like food.
Thus I have no choice but to look for a job and work illegally. I would like to know what are the consequences for working without a green card, please advise.
If my husband is not providing for us, where can we seek help.
We really do not want to be deported.

Below is the reply from USCIS, and he didn’t say anything about that and ignored the problems.

REQUEST FOR INITIAL EVIDENCE (I-485)

This office is unable to complete the processing of your Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, (Form I-485) without initial information. Submit ALL the information requested below at one time. Failure to do so will result in a denial. You must submit the information within 87 days to the following address: U.S. Department of Homeland Security, PO Box 648006, Lee's Summit, MO 64064.

You are ineligible for interim employment authorization pursuant to Title 8, Code of Federal Regulations, Section 103.2(b)(10)(ii) until ninety (90) days after the missing initial evidence is received.

(40) The sponsor or joint sponsor (if required) on Form I-864 Affidavit of Support must submit the following:
*W-2s, 1099s, and/or all schedules submitted to the IRS-a copy of his/her Federal income tax return was submitted and/or the sponsor or joint sponsor requested an extension to file his or her Federal income tax return.
*Federal income tax returns for the most recent tax year or certified Internal Revenue Service (IRS) copies. To obtain return transcripts of your income tax records from the IRS, you may complete Form 4506-T, Request for Transcript of Tax Return, found on the internet at http://www.irs.gov/ or call toll-free (800)829-1040 to order a "Return Transcript." The request for a transcript of your tax return must be submitted to the IRS, not this office. If the sponsor was not required to file a federal tax return for the most recent tax year, the sponsor must provide an explanation as to why s/he was not required to file federal income taxes.
*Evidence of current employment or self-employment including a letter from each employer on business stationery, showing beginning date of employment, type of work performed, number of hours worked per weak, and salary or wages paid. If you are self-employed, submit recently dated letter on business letterhead or a business license.
(2) Submit an English translation of the foreign language birth certificate you submitted. All foreign language documents must be submitted with an English translation.

ImmigAttyLana

This means that you HAVE applied for permanent residence (green card) and you must comply with the request for evidence in order for the processing to go forward. As far as your husband providing for you, this is something YOU must discuss with him directly since he is the primary sponsor of you and your child. You are also going to be authorized for employment, if you have applied for employment authorization but you will not get it until you respond to the RFE.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or how I can be of further assistance to you in this matter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">