• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

L1 to H1 Transfer(Very Urgent)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

coolperson

What is the name of your state? MA
Hi
I came to US in the month of May 2007on L1. My H1 was filed when I was in India only(ie April 2007). Now my H1 got approved in the month of June 2007.As I was in India my H1 was not filed as COS (change of status). Now my questions are.

1) How to convert from L1 to h1 with out going out of country.

2) what is process I need to follow

3) Can I apply for L1 to H1 change of status before October 2007.

4)If I get transferred to H1 , can I work for 1 or 2 months on L1 after october.

waiting for the reply as it is urgent
help is really appreciated.What is the name of your state?

ImmigAttyLana

Yes, you would have to file a petition for a change of status with the USCIS. It could take several months for it to be approved unless you do it through Premium Processing for an additional $1000 filing fee.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or how I can be of further assistance to you in this matter.

coolperson

Hi

Thanks a lot for such prompt reply. I asked some of my friends and they are saying that.
1) Either one should file H1b Amendment petion or

2) Refile H1 with change of status. and it seems for Change of status there won't be premium processing option.

Can you please clarify me on this.

I once again thanks alot for helping me in time.

ImmigAttyLana

No, there is a premium processing option regardless of what you want to call it. It is still the same exact thing. Your 1 and 2 are not really different in any way.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or how I can be of further assistance to you in this matter.

coolperson

Thanks for your reply.
Last few questions to clarify every thing
1) Can I apply for change of status now or should I wait till October 1st??
2) How can many months I can work on L1 after the approval of change of status??
Please answer me the above questions and every thing will be clarified.

ImmigAttyLana

You can apply for the change of status now but it can only be valid from 10/1/07 since that's when the H-1B status can become active. Once the change of status is approved, you cannot work in L-1 status any longer because that is the whole purpose of the change of status--your status automatically changes once there is an approval and you are no longer in L-1 status once that happens so you don't have employment authorization pursuant to the L-1 status at that time.

coolperson

Hi ,
I would like to thank you for your time and patience for answering all my questoins.
I will definelty contact you if you need further assitance.
Thanks.

coolperson

Hi,

Can I know the following things

1) what will be the total cost for this process including premium processsing

2) What are the forms I need to fill

3) Some good attorneys who are successful for this change of status.

ImmigAttyLana

The costs depend on the size of the employer.

YOU don't fill out anything since it's an employer's petition and they, or an attorney working with them and you, completes all the relevant petitions and letter of support.

There are many immigration attorneys who handle these types of cases. I have been handling such cases for clients nationwide for over 11 years. I am a member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association.

coolperson

can you please mail me or post here
how much you will charge for the whole process.
I am in the MA state.will you accept the cases here.
you can mail me to
[email protected]
waiting for your reply.
I willget all the docs from my employer.

ImmigAttyLana

i sent you an email to the address you provided with the information you requested.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">