• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

L1 to H1doubts[Urgent]

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Funboy

What is the name of your state? MA

1) How many months one is supposed to work on L1 to apply for L1 to H1 amendment. I was not here when my H1 was filed ie why I am asking.

2) If my L1 to H1 transfer is denied , what happenes to my case and my current L1 status??
Normall I have my L1 till 2010

3) Do I need to sumbit the original I-94 while I file for L1 to h1.

4) Can I go back to my country and attend h1 normally if my l1 to h1 is denied.

5)Can I attend my h1 in canada or mexico once I got transferred to h1 and have two payslips.

6)Can I attend my h1 in canada or mexico with out paystubs

Please answer the above questions ant it is urgent too.

help will be appreciated.

ImmigAttyLana

Do you have an approved H-1B petition already? Please clarify as that is necessary before the other questions are answered since the H-1B quota is otherwise closed for the current fiscal year so unless you already have an approved H-1B petition, even if it is for consular processing, this is a moot point.

Funboy

Hi Lana

Thanks for your response.

My H1 is approved in the month of June only. But it is not approaved as COS since I was in US at that time.

Please answer my above posted questions when every you get time now as it is urgent.

Thanks and waiting for reply.

ImmigAttyLana

It was or was not approved as COS? It is not clear from your response because you say you WERE in the US at the time and that would suggest that it WOULD be approved as COS.

Funboy

Hi Lana ,

Sorry that was a typo mistake. I was not in US when my H1 was applied.

Waiting for your response.

Govind

ImmigAttyLana

1) How many months one is supposed to work on L1 to apply for L1 to H1 amendment. I was not here when my H1 was filed ie why I am asking.
THERE IS NO SPECIFIC TIME REQUIREMENT AT ALL.
2) If my L1 to H1 transfer is denied , what happenes to my case and my current L1 status??
Normall I have my L1 till 2010
YOUR L-1 CONTINUES TO REMAIN VALID.
3) Do I need to sumbit the original I-94 while I file for L1 to h1.
NO ORIGINALS; A COPY IS SUFFICIENT.
4) Can I go back to my country and attend h1 normally if my l1 to h1 is denied.
YES.
5)Can I attend my h1 in canada or mexico once I got transferred to h1 and have two payslips.
YES, YOU CAN TRY.
6)Can I attend my h1 in canada or mexico with out paystubs
IF YOU HAVE NO PAYSLIPS, THAT SUGGESTS THAT YOU ARE NOT MAINTAINING VALID STATUS AND IF YOU ARE OUT OF STATUS, YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO CONSULAR PROCESS IN CANADA OR MEXICO BUT MUST GO TO YOUR HOME COUNTRY.
Please let me know if you have any additional questions or how I can be of further assistance to you in this matter.

Funboy

Hi Lana

Thanks alot for providing answers for all the questions.

The answers are very clear. Thanks once again for the help in time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">