• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

L1 visa extension with PI misdemeanour

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

scotintexas

Hi,

I was arrested for PI and took deffered adjudication, I have completed the probation period, I'm just wondering how this on my record will affect 1) renewing my L1 visa(due for renewal by my company in next couple of months) and down the line applying for a green card/citizenship.

I obviously have the option to apply for expunction however with the cost of it(quoted at 1k+) I want to be sure that it is required, what are the chances of this coming back on me down the line if I don't have it expunged?

All responses appreciated.

Thanks

sandyclaus

Hi,

I was arrested for PI and took deffered adjudication, I have completed the probation period, I'm just wondering how this on my record will affect 1) renewing my L1 visa(due for renewal by my company in next couple of months) and down the line applying for a green card/citizenship.

I obviously have the option to apply for expunction however with the cost of it(quoted at 1k+) I want to be sure that it is required, what are the chances of this coming back on me down the line if I don't have it expunged?

All responses appreciated.

Thanks
As far as visa processing is concerned, I don't think you'll have an issue renewing it. The problem lies with your employer and whether or not THEY will still be willing to renew the visa. THEY may take offense at an employee who has a PI on their record, as that could reflect poorly on the company. Does your employment contract have any kind of morals clause?

t74

Expungement does not matter for immigration processing. You must report ALL incidents - even those expunged.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">