• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

L2 EAD continue to work after H4 is approved in Oct

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kpzzz

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

Hi there,

I am currently on L2 , and have EAD and allowed to work here. My spouse company has applied for his H1B cap for this year and if he gets through the lottery , I believe his status would move to H1 and mine to H4 on Oct 1 2016.

Question is if we choose " consular processing" option over "change of status option" , can I continue to work in L2 EAD as long as I choose to ( until I go out of the country and visit the consulate and change over to H4)

Please advise.

t74

Once your spouse is on H-1B, you cannot be on L2 and working. Your status is linked to your spouse. If he has a COS H-1B for Oct 1, you must go to H4 at that time. If consular processing is selected, you both need to go for stamping.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">