• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

L2 to H-1B notify the office

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dbong

I have been on L2 status with EAD since 2011 till now. The same employer has now applied for H1b for me and it has been approved this month, oct 2015 with "notify the office" and NOT "change of status". My current L2 visa expires Dec 31 2015, this year.
Do I need to leave the country before Dec 31 even though my H1b is approved with notify the office? Is it possible for me to leave the country to get the H1b visa after Dec 31? I am in advance stage of pregnancy and I am not able to fly until Jan 2016. What are my options?

Last edited:

A_m_ie

H1B visa allows you stay in the country from October 2015 till August 2018 (as far as I know, no matter when decide to enter the country). If you can get your H1B visa issued in the USA, while you're here, I don't think you must leave the country.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">