• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

L2 to H1B COS

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mayankbhat

Hi,
I am working on L2 EAD for employer A.
Employer B applied for my H1B COS and got it approved with new I-94

Does that mean I will have to leave employer A before Oct 1, 2007. Can I delay this somehow?

Please advise. Its really important for me.
Thanks in advance

ImmigAttyLana

Yes, it means that on 10/1/07, your status will automatically change from L-2 to H-1B and you will no longer have valid work authorization to work for company A. You can only postpone it by changing status back to L-2 (which sounds a bit crazy) if you have already gone through the COS to H-1B which presumes you wanted to work for that employer.

mayankbhat

Thanks for the real quick reply.
I am willing to work for employer B but have some committment for employer A. I wish to continue for another 2 months with employer A. I have heard that there is a grace period for COS from L1 to H1B. Is that true?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">