• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

legally married,filling divorce,in love with aussie

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Delores Rose

Legally still married in calif. Have been living apart for almost 2 yrs. Have just returned from Australia, and have become engaged( i know, still legally married) but, can I file for fianace visa before the courts have granted my divorce? Can I do anything (file wise) to start the process of getting him here from Australia? I have met his entire family and know what I want. Or can I move there?

Please advise

LegalBeagle

Delores Rose said:
Legally still married in calif. Have been living apart for almost 2 yrs. Have just returned from Australia, and have become engaged( i know, still legally married) but, can I file for fianace visa before the courts have granted my divorce? Can I do anything (file wise) to start the process of getting him here from Australia? I have met his entire family and know what I want. Or can I move there?

Please advise
1. No
2. No
3. If the Aussies let you then yes.. but you still need a divorce first. The Australian Immigration is even harder than the US when it comes to spouses.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">