• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Local Processing Office

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

reggaegirl

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MD

I currently live in Maryland, but will be getting married in Virginia. Although it says that you have to file in Vermont, which office would count as my local office (for the interview), Washington DC, Maryland or Virginia?

Also, as a pr, can i only file the I-130, or can i do the I-130 and I-485 jointly?

Thank you.

evcalyptos

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MD

I currently live in Maryland, but will be getting married in Virginia. Although it says that you have to file in Vermont, which office would count as my local office (for the interview), Washington DC, Maryland or Virginia?

Also, as a pr, can i only file the I-130, or can i do the I-130 and I-485 jointly?

Thank you.
As a Permanent Resident, you may petition for your Immediate Relative (spouse). However, there is no visa number immediately available for that category, so you may NOT file I-485 concurrently. Your new spouse will have to maintain status in the US under their own steam, not from your petition. If they can not do so, they must depart the US until their visa number is current or they find another non-immigrant option into the US.

Your Local Office is determined by your residence, and you can find the office using your zip code at uscis.gov (office locator)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">