• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lost Case

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Margo

What is the name of your state? Texas
My sister filed a petition on my behalf back in 2000, but don't have a case number, and we haven't heard from immigration in years because we have been moving around so ofen in the past 7 years. Is there any way we can retreive the case number and re open the case ?
I don't even think I kept any copy of any paper pwrk filed in 2000.
Any suggestions?

SHORTY LONG

What is the name of your state? Texas
My sister filed a petition on my behalf back in 2000, but don't have a case number, and we haven't heard from immigration in years because we have been moving around so ofen in the past 7 years. Is there any way we can retreive the case number and re open the case ?
I don't even think I kept any copy of any paper pwrk filed in 2000.
Any suggestions?
How do you know your case was closed? Here is a link with lots of information that
may benefit you. http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis

Also, it would behoove you to search for any of the paper work filed in 2000.

Margo

Dunno

I don't know for sure if the case was closed. I wanted to contact immigration about it but I don't even have a case number...how can I get a case number when I didn't even keep any of the orginial paper work?

SHORTY LONG

I don't know for sure if the case was closed. I wanted to contact immigration about it but I don't even have a case number...how can I get a case number when I didn't even keep any of the orginial paper work?
Your full name, date of birth, and social security number; and any other form ID!

ImmigAttyLana

You really won't be able to get much without the case number because it is most likely still pending if it was filed by a USC on behalf of a sibling. However, I would suggest that your sister, or whomever is residing in the US and can visit a local USCIS office make an INFOPASS appointment and bring in as much information as possible to try to see if it can be located in the computer system. The petitioner should have received a receipt notice that would have had the original receipt number.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or how I can be of further assistance to you in this matter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">