• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Marital status Form

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Tim626

What is the name of your state?MN
Hi. I'm trying to determine the legal form i've heard of that will prove ones's marital status (in this case _single) to, let's say, an overseas church or gov't entity. It is said that I can get such a form at the courthouse, but what to ask for?
Thanks
Tim | [email protected]

evcalyptos

Tim626 said:
What is the name of your state?MN
Hi. I'm trying to determine the legal form i've heard of that will prove ones's marital status (in this case _single) to, let's say, an overseas church or gov't entity. It is said that I can get such a form at the courthouse, but what to ask for?
Thanks
Tim | [email protected]
Tim:
Try your Secretary of State's office and see if they can issue you such a document.
Also, contact the Consulate (in the US) for the country in which you will marry. They often have information on this topic. Failing all that, for less than $100, you can usually visit the US Consulate in the foreign country where you will marry and swear an affidavit, which they will notarize. I chose the last option, and it is a form that the US Consulate already had available, printed in English and the foreign language.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">