• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Married to Citizen but my visa expired.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

luckybamboos

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? NY

I entered into US with a visitor's Visa but I overstayed, and now my visa expired. I went to school all these years and never left US.

I married to a citizen recently and I am filing Form I-485, I-130, and I-765 all together. Do I need the medical examination? Who needs it?

What about the Form I-485 Supplement A?

What other forms do I need if I want to work, travel, and apply for financial aid?

Also, on Form I-485, do I check box A or B under part 2? I've looked through the forum and I saw box A is the correct box. I'm still not quite sure. Does marrying a citizen grant you an "immediately available immigrant visa"? How does it work? what do I put for my current INS status, a visitor or overstayed? What does "Place of Last Entry into the US" mean exactly?

Another issue about sponsorship:
my husband and I both have no income. His sister is going to be the sponsor. What should we do about the affidavit of support? Who should fill it out? What other forms do we need other than I-864? Is I-864A necessary?

Sorry about the amount of questions that I have. Thank you very much.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">