• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

marry a legal alien?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Bayman1

What is the name of your state? I live in the state of Maryland. I have met a Philippine woman that is here legaly. Her father and mother and one sister live here legaly. She has been here three times before this visit. She has lived in Japan for fourteen years.

My question. She and I want to get married. Is there a way we can do this without many problems and legaly?

evcalyptos

Bayman1 said:
What is the name of your state? I live in the state of Maryland. I have met a Philippine woman that is here legaly. Her father and mother and one sister live here legaly. She has been here three times before this visit. She has lived in Japan for fourteen years.

My question. She and I want to get married. Is there a way we can do this without many problems and legaly?
A short meeting with an immigration attorney -in private- should answer your questions. You don't have to hire the lawyer to file your whole case, but based on her history, you should meet with a professional to look for problems.

I am normally a big advocate for doing it yourself, but sometimes one really does need to meet with a pro. Spend a hundred dollars or so to do things right.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">