• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Medical Insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? WA
Can I get on my US Citizen's wife medical insurance, or do I have to have a Social Security Number to get on her medical insurance? We are legally married in the US and I would be adjusting my status in a few weeks.

evcalyptos

What is the name of your state? WA
Can I get on my US Citizen's wife medical insurance, or do I have to have a Social Security Number to get on her medical insurance? We are legally married in the US and I would be adjusting my status in a few weeks.
The insurance company should be able to add you with another identifying number---the SS# is just the most commonly used unique US number. Have your wife first try the friendly polite begging type request and be ready to move on to a manager to ask for some reasonable accomodation.
Be prepared for the fact that some insurance companies just have idiotic policies. They -should- have a work around for you though.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">