• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mother away from underage daughter?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Whatdoidonow

What is the name of your state? Illinois

I will give a brief description of the situation before I ask my question...

A mother came to the United States through inspection, though now she is Illegal since her visa expired 8 or 9 years ago. Her two children came to the states Illegally, no inspection. The mother has now married a US citizen and has done all the work to get her self a permanent resident status, her case is still Pending, even though, at the end of her interview she was told she will have the Green Card in mail in a few weeks(This was 6 months ago) She has yet to get it. The US Citizen has filed for the two children for permanent status. They had to go to Warsaw for their interview, having to leave their mother, and step-father. The interview was in July of 2007. The kids are still out in Europe, on their own. The mother cannot leave the states because she is a major part of the Income in the family, and if she left, with her status still pending she wouldn't be allowed to come back, thus losing everything she owns because her husband wouldn't be able to pay for it all on his own.

Now my question is..

Is it right, by law, for the US government to keep an under aged child away from her parents for this long?

Is there anything that can be done?

Whatdoidonow

They give us absolutely no information on anything. When we try to ask for information by phone or e-mail, they tell us they can't give anymore information than that they're waiting on Washington to give them more information.

We have no information on what's going on with the case, we're left in the dark. We've tried to contact anything we can. The attorney even tried to contact the Senator, all he/his staff said was that they are waiting for more information and that there's nothing they can do.

evcalyptos

There are a couple of lawyers who specialize in this sort of thing.. you can look up Laurel Scott and/or Marc Ellis. They are really busy now (not sure either is accepting new clients), but articles they have written in the past might be helpful to you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">