• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is my friend going to get deported?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Levy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York

How does an exchange student lose their student visa?

Last week a good friend of mine who is an exchange student from Europe had this party that kind of got out of hand. The neighbors complained
and the cops showed up. My friend to talk his way out of it but I think he annoyed the cops who wrote him a ticket. One of the cops said that he was in danger
of losing his student and he could be deported.

Was the cop right? Or was it just a threat? Don't you have to commit something really serious like a felony to lose your student visa?
Any help is appreciated because my friend is freaking out thinking he is going to hauled off before he can finish college here.

LdiJ

For real?

What does that mean? Does getting a ticket for disturbing the peace a reason to get revokved?
Probably not...If he just pays the ticket without making any waves about it, its unlikely that it would result in anything. However technically yes, his visa could be revoked over any crime, no matter how small.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">