• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My I-751 has been rejected, what should I do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JamesC120

Hi. So basically my I-751 has been rejected, because I could not show enough financial evidence for my marriage. It was really a issue of money for us. Still, now we are ordered to appear in front of a immigration judge on august, and we will have to go to court.

Now, the whole process has put a lot of financial and emotional stress on me and my wife, and it has come to a point that both of us are becoming uninterested in trying to further pursue the issue of green card for me again. So in a situation like this, What are our options? What should we do?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
...it has come to a point that both of us are becoming uninterested in trying to further pursue the issue of green card for me again.
Since you are no longer interested in living here legally, one option is for your spouse to live with you in your home country.

Cappuccino

If you want advice dont skip out on details. how are we supposed to grasp the whole picture? 751 denied why? Not enough money evidence? Where is your money going? Where is her money going? Are they going to things that support the house? Car, bills ect.? This all proves you live together.

Im sure if you explain all of this to the judge you are to appear infront of everything will work out fine.

HomeGuru

Hi. So basically my I-751 has been rejected, because I could not show enough financial evidence for my marriage. It was really a issue of money for us. Still, now we are ordered to appear in front of a immigration judge on august, and we will have to go to court.

Now, the whole process has put a lot of financial and emotional stress on me and my wife, and it has come to a point that both of us are becoming uninterested in trying to further pursue the issue of green card for me again. So in a situation like this, What are our options? What should we do?
**A: you should be meeting with an immigration law attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">