• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My wife may be pursuing permanent residence

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

frankyj

My wife (Salvadorean born) and I (US born) have been married for 4 years and together for 8. We don't live together because she is finishing her studies in El Salvador. The last time we saw each other was on Jan. 2015, when she arrived on her tourist visa. Unbeknownst to me, she traveled to the US July 2015 through Oct. 2015 and returned to El Salvador. Her sister told me that my wife got married in the US with someone she met that year and on her marriage license my wife stated her marital status as single. My wife eventually, informed me that she wanted to end our relationship when she returned to El Salvador in Oct. 2015. We are currently still married and undergoing the divorce process.

Proserpina

My wife (Salvadorean born) and I (US born) have been married for 4 years and together for 8. We don't live together because she is finishing her studies in El Salvador. The last time we saw each other was on Jan. 2015, when she arrived on her tourist visa. Unbeknownst to me, she traveled to the US July 2015 through Oct. 2015 and returned to El Salvador. Her sister told me that my wife got married in the US with someone she met that year and on her marriage license my wife stated her marital status as single. My wife eventually, informed me that she wanted to end our relationship when she returned to El Salvador in Oct. 2015. We are currently still married and undergoing the divorce process.
What is it you're wanting to do, frankyj?

frankyj

How serious are the consequences from the choices my wife has made, when she proceeds in obtaining her green card?

frankyj

She met her new spouse less than a year ago and within the same year she married him. And she has not returned to El Salvador to continue her studies.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
She met her new spouse less than a year ago and within the same year she married him. And she has not returned to El Salvador to continue her studies.
How do you know that she has a new spouse?

I get it - her sister ratted her out...but have you confirmed it?

OHRoadwarrior

Call USCIS and inform them to your knowledge, she is committing bigamy and has falsified immigration documents to seek residency.

frankyj

What is unknown to me is that I don't know if she is pursuing or planning to pursue her green card. It certainly appears that she is because of how quick she met and married her new spouse.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">