• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

naturalization certificate lost

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

olgasosa

What is the name of your state?
Florida
My husband lost his naturalization certificate and to get a replacement he needs to fill the form N565 whiich requires the number of it but the big problem is that he does not know the number and he can not fill that requirement. Immigration CustomerService could not inform what to do, they are not sure if animmigration local office could tell him that information.
We do not know what to do. It looks like impossible to get a copy ever.

Somebody has experienced something like this? Please help:(

ImmigAttyLana

He does not have to complete every single field of the form if he does not remember everything. He needs to provide as much as he can and provide any additional supporting documentation that he has. It should not be a problem.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or how I can be of further assistance to you in this matter.

olgasosa

Thanks for your advice on my question, he will submit the form.

We live in Barbados and my naturalized husband(who lost the certificate ) has tomakke the petition for me (I am venezuelan, married more than 2 years).
Problem:
The formI 130 also requires to give the naturalization certificate number, date and place of issued.

Could the petition be rejected becasue he cannot supplyt hat information or we have to wait untiol HE GETS THE NEW ONE TO SUBMIT the application. It takes too long and we need to move to Florida. Do you have any suggestions?
I appreciate.

ImmigAttyLana

He has to submit the actual document as well (it's not just providing the number on the certificate), if he does not have another proof of US citizenship. However, if he does (I should think he has a US passport if he is living in Barbados), then he can submit that and indicate on the I-130 that a certificate of naturalization duplicate/replacement has been applied for.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or how I can be of further assistance to you in this matter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">