• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Advice - H1b Extension

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

saroja

Name of the State : California

I need your advice on my situation. I worked for company A and they did filed the GC on behalf of me in 2004. As I got laid off from Company A, I decided to join in Company B in June 2007 and applied for my H1 transfer based on company A's GC application as I am on my 8th year of H1B extension. In the meantime Company A withdraw my GC application and for the same reason on July 12th my H1B transfer case got rejected. Luckily Company B was able to find a matching approved labor and they applied for my labor substituion on July 16th and two days back I got my I140 receipt notice too.

Today company B wants to apply for my H1 transfer again based on my I140 receipt notice and indicated that it might get approved based on counsular processing.

I am bit concerned about this. My question are

From your experience, is this a complicated case?

How safe I am with counsular processing.

And could you please let me if I am in a legal status?

Thanks in advance for any inputs.

- Saroja.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">