• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need help/ will I be denied?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

imailin

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

I married my ex husband now in 2004 and I obtain my residency on Sep 2005. My husband started to hang out with bad companies he got into drugs and alcohol he did not work for around 2 years and I had to support him and his bad habits as well. In 2008 I got pregnant when my baby was born he was nowhere to be found. I looked for him everywhere. I decided to get divorce I had to send a court petition for divorce and served him for divorce (after I found via a lawyer where he was living) I finally got divorce in January 2009. One of my best friends decided to give my kid his last name and supported me all this time (specially in this economy) Now my 5th year green card anniversary approaches and I would like to apply for citizenship. will the fact that my kid has some else’s last name affect my citizenship application/? what should ZI bring or do? Thanks!

candg918

Your child's name is not an issue.

Since you appear to be concerned about the process of filing, I suggest that you seek assistance from a social service agency in your community that assists immigrants with legal issues if you are financially unable to retain a private attorney to assist you. Both the Catholic and Lutheran churches are highly regarded in their assistance efforts.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">