• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Non-immigrant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Rheyana

I'm a Non-immigrant in the state of California. I came from the Philippines with my Fiancé Visa. Things are not very good here so I'm thinking of going to my Aunt's place in Switzerland. Is it possible to get a visa here in states and fly to Switzerland? I'm not married to my fiancé yet. Thanks.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I'm a Non-immigrant in the state of California. I came from the Philippines with my Fiancé Visa. Things are not very good here so I'm thinking of going to my Aunt's place in Switzerland. Is it possible to get a visa here in states and fly to Switzerland? I'm not married to my fiancé yet. Thanks.
Speak to your local consular office.

Mass_Shyster

Traveling to Switzerland would require permission (a visa?) from the Swiss government.

You should realize that you may not be permitted back into the USA on your K1 or K3 visa.

Proserpina

Op needs to try to obtain the "advanced parole" travel document if s/he wishes to travel outside the US and re-enter without too much hassle.

Rheyana

Traveling to Switzerland would require permission (a visa?) from the Swiss government.

You should realize that you may not be permitted back into the USA on your K1 or K3 visa.

With my situation here, I don't think I would want to go back to US/to my fiancé. I just wanna know if its possible for my aunt to petition me here in California and get a visa in this State. Thanks so much.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
With my situation here, I don't think I would want to go back to US/to my fiancé. I just wanna know if its possible for my aunt to petition me here in California and get a visa in this State. Thanks so much.
I said this previously:

But, now I would suggest that you speak to the consular office for your home country and also that of Switzerland.

Rheyana

Thanks. I'll try to contact the consular office. It's kinda hard for me to even go to places here coz I'm out of pocket money and I don have a job. But thanks anyway.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">