• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Obtaining A State ID

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? WA
Ok, i wanted a state ID , i called my local DMV office,i told them my situation about my status & legally married in the US etc..they said its fine,once i proof valid state residence for more than 60days, a utility bill with my name and address, my expired/valid foreign passport, expired/valid I-94 form,my marriage certificate with WA state county on it and something with my signiture & date of birth which would be my passport. "No SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER REQUIRED" for State ID only i was told from the dmv office, so as the dmv website, is this a right thing to do to obtain an ID,i hate travelling with my passport to go out with my wife or to by liquor etc..someone give me advice on this,i dont want to get in trouble for obtaining a State ID Legally.
All above was actually told to me on the phone by a DMV officer or whatever u call them!
And its posted on the dmv Wa state website.

Last edited:

SHORTY LONG

Suggest you get telephone number, and contact them Monday to verify
information since you do not like carrying your Passport to buy liquor etc.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">