• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

OPT delay is about 9 month

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ekaterina Kirik

Hi there, i was wondering if anyone could help me or give an advice. I applied for my OPT card in June, 2012. I received a confirmation from USCIS that they received my application on June 19th, 2012. It has been almost 10 months and I'm still waiting. I have called them multiple times after the case was out of normal processing time (which is 90 days). In November 2012 they finally sent me an email stating that the background check remains open and if don't receive a response from them within the next 180 DAYS (which is another 6 months) I should contact them again. I feel really hopeless talking to another operator again who seems to have no idea how to help me. On April 25th, 2013 it is going to be 180 days since their email, and more than 10 MONTHS since I applied for OPT. Is there anybody who can give me an advice on what to do? Is it worth hiring a lawyer to force them to act on my issue? :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">