• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

OPT question Urgent!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

slk

State CA

Hi,

I have applied for OPT after I have completed my program of study in BS, but my OPT was post marked 2 days before my I-20 expires. I still have not recieved a notice of action letter, and my 60 days grace period is approaching within a week. What can I do? and how is the chance of my OPT being approved?

Thank you for helping

Last edited:

ImmigAttyLana

Has the check for the filing fee been cashed? If so, you can often get the receipt number from that as it has been taking the Service Centers a very long time to issue the receipt notices lately.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or how I can be of further assistance to you in this matter.

slk

Thank you so much for your reply Lana. Yes the check has been cashed exactly 7 days after the post marked date of my application. So do you still think that the application was received and processed on time?

ImmigAttyLana

Yes, otherwise, the check would not have been cashed. Check the back of the check for the receipt number. It should start with the letters of the Service Center where it was sent (SRC (texas), LIN (nebraska), EAC (vermont) or WAC (california)) depending on the Service Center.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or how I can be of further assistance to you in this matter.

slk

Thanks for your reply again. I just went online and checked my status with the receipt number, but unfortunately it says they received my application one day after my I-20 expires. Will I still be able to get my OPT approved? I'm really worry now, can you please give me any guidance?

Thanks

ImmigAttyLana

I cannot speculate on this matter. You just need to wait to see what happens.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">