• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Options of change of status with L1B active visa

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LiveNatural

I belong to NJ state, my current situation is that my organization is downsizing and employees are getting impacted. I am currently on a L1B visa, what are the other options for me to get a valid work visa. H1B cycle starts, next April. I need a job in another one month. What is your suggestion on non profit org jobs and such. Also please advice how long does it take to apply for change of status from L1 to the new one. Please advice. Thanks.

t74

An employer can file for an H-1B visa in April 2017 for an October 1, 2017 start. There is likely to be a lottery. There is no way for you to obtain an H-1B before that time unless it is for employment by a cap-exempt organization. There are very few of these. Someone on an L-1B is unlikely to have the background for one of these cap exempt visas since L-1B visas are industry rather than academic based.

It is highly unlikely that you will be able to find a job in a month. Since no one on the forum is aware of your credentials, your request for assistance in obtaining employment is absurd and reflects badly on you. You need to return home without overstaying as that will adversely affect your future chances of a visa of any kind.

You have been fortunate to have been sponsored for an L-1B in the past. You need to take this experience and return to your home country to gain more experience that will make you an attractive hire to another organization.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">