• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Overstayed and green card thru marriage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Amandausa84

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Hi! I'm geting married in October and my...
Hi! I'm geting married in October and my fiance will apply for my green card as soon as we get married. Here is my situation. Enter the US on Sep 18th 2014 on a b2 tourist visa. I was married at the time and we came to visit family and friends. At that time my ex husband decided to stay and apply to school and change his status from b2 to f1. On his aplication he also put me down as F2. Aplication was denied in March and we received a letter to leave the country AsAp. At that time we were already separated going thru divorce. I got my divorce decree on June 11. Started dating my fiance in June. I live in florida and he lives in las vegas. We are geting married and moving to vegas. Can I apply to adjustment of status here in the US? Should I wait longer to apply to get my green card? He wants to apply asap but I dont know if it a good idea. When I entered the US I was pregnant and had my baby in January. She is now 9 months. Last month we broke up and I slept with my ex once and now i'm pregnant again. My fiancee knows but he is fine with that. Please advise

FlyingRon

With that soap opera you definitely need an attorney, not just for the immigration issues. You do understand that your "anchor baby" means nothing and if you possibly get a green card because you manage to hoodwink your fiance into marrying your adulterous self that the residence will be conditional and if you can't manage to hold your marriage together it will be revoked.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">