• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

passport in maiden name want to travel with married name ssc ,

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mala

What is the name of your state? india

hi-

i just wanted to ask tht my passport is in maiden name and if my visa ( cr-1 ) will be issued it will be in maiden name however
my ssn and ssc will be issued in married name later when i reach united states .
with that issue

can i travel to my country india or any other country like swizz , italy etc with that maiden name passport
i dont want to name change in my passport as it is too late now my interview is really too near

do let me know pls

thx,
mala

ImmigAttyLana

There will be no change in your name until YOU specifically request it or file paperwork with the new name. If the visa is in your maiden name and your passport is in your maiden name, then all paperwork will be in that name until you file for a name change with the marriage certificate.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">